Covenant of FellowshipFor NCF Membership
Here you can read our Church Covenant of Fellowship, that is, the promise we make to our fellow believers when joining NCF as a member.
*Please Note: Membership is not necessary for attending NCF. Information on membership is available in the tabs above.
Covenant of Fellowship
Having been led by the Spirit of God to receive the Lord Jesus Christ as my Savior and Lord, and desiring and deciding to be committed to the purpose of the Northside Christian Fellowship, and willing to place myself under its God ordained spiritual authority, protection, and guidance, I/we do hereby covenant with other believers at NCF to be accountable for and duly practice by the enablement of the Holy Spirit certain responsibilities:
1. To worship God in spirit and in truth, loving Him with all my heart, soul, strength, and mind. (Jn 4:24; Mk 12:30)
2. To love all others with God’s love, sharing the gospel of Christ near and far, as God may direct, with the intention of following up anyone saved, and discipling to maturity the faithful. (Mk 12:31; Acts 1:8; Matt 28:19,20: Col 1:28; Col 4:12; I Cor 4:1; II Tim 2:2)
3. To love the brethren with a fervent love, practicing the “one anothers” of Scripture. ( I Pet 4:8; Phil 4:5; Heb 13:1; I Jn 4:7; Gal 5:22,23)
4. To committedly study and put into practice God’s Word, including the responsibility of learned training, teaching, correcting, and discipling our children in all areas of life ; including schooling, areas of Scriptural principles, Godly character, and basic convictions.( II Tim 2:15, 3:16.17; Phil 4:9; Deut 6:4-7; Ps 78:1-8; Eph 6:4)
5. To do the work of the ministry as we have been enabled, gifted, and equipped to build one another up. (Eph 4:11-16; Rom 12:3-8; I Cor 14:12)
6. To be faithful stewards of all entrusted to us by the Lord, sharing with one another out of our abundance which includes insights, time, material possessions, monies and ourselves. (Matt 25:14-30; Col 3:1,2)
7. To have a servant’s heart, serving gratefully. (Mk 10:35-45; II Cor 5:14a)
8. To continually be concerned about one another’s spiritual welfare, encouraging and stimulating one another to growth, and not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together. (Gal 6:1; Heb 10:24,25)
9. To practice and encourage loving, Godly leadership in husbands; willing submission in wives; children who honor and obey their parents; and families that are the salt of the earth. (Eph 5:21, 6:4; Col 3:18-25)
10. To exercise leadership qualities and character (if duly recognized and authorized) lovingly, willingly, eagerly, and as an example-serving by God’s grace through the enablement/empowerment of the Spirit. If not in a leadership capacity; then to willingly by God’s grace be meeting God’s conditions of “knowing”, “honoring”, “obeying”, and “submitting” to those who have the rule over us. (I Pet 5:1-5; Heb 13:17; I Thess 5:12.13; I Tim 5:17-19 Heb 13:17)